About Scheduling a Private Instruction
This is Lesson 13 of our home winemaking lesson plan. Our private instruction lesson plans are instruction only. They do not include beverage/food production on site or any beverage/food handling.
Bottling and Kegging Wine
This Lesson 13 Plan Includes:
- Preparing for Bottling: Acid, stability (cold stabilization, malo, RS), sulfite
- Corks: General discussion of types, how long they last, and impact on wine development
- Bottle Types: selecting the right bottle for the wine
- The Process of Bottling: Using a 3 spout or single bottle filler, transferring off the sediment, optional gas purging
- Kegging: Discussion of the gases and the general equipment involved. Still vs carbonated.