Fireside Spiced Winter Warmer Beer Recipe
by Bob Peak
5 gallon All Grain Beer Recipe
10 lbs. English Pale Malt (Maris Otter)
2 oz. Chocolate Malt 500L
8 oz. Caramel Malt 60L
6 oz. Light Munich Malt 6.5L
2 oz. Dextrin powder
4.4 grams Calcium Carbonate
4.4 grams Beer Yeast Nutrient
2.2 grams Calcium Chloride
1/2 oz. Nugget pellet hops (Boil for 60 minutes)
1/2 oz. Northern Brewer pellet hops (30 minutes)
1 oz. Dried Bitter Orange Peel (10 minutes)
2 Cinnamon Sticks (5 minutes)
Wyeast #1028 London Worthington Ale Yeast
6 oz. Corn Sugar for Priming
- Mash grains in 3.75 gallons of water (~1.1 quarts water: 1 pound grain) at 152 degrees F. for 60 minutes. Slowly drain liquid into boiling kettle and sparge grains with 170 degree F water until volume in kettle totals around 6.5 gallons.
- Boil for 60 minutes, adding water treatments, yeast nutrient, hops and spices as directed.
- After full 60 minute boil, chill wort to ~70 degrees F. Transfer to primary fermenting vessel, aerate and pitch yeast.
- Ferment for 7-10 days in primary around 60-72 degrees F. Transfer by siphon to a secondary fermenting vessel and allow to clarify for 1-2 weeks.
- When ready to bottle, boil priming sugar in a cup of water for 1 minutes. Cool and add to bottling vessel. Transfer beer by siphon to bottling vessel. After filling and capping bottles, allow them to sit somewhere warm for 1-2 weeks. Then move to a cool spot for storage or to the refrigerator for drinking!
OG: 70 IBU: 42 SRM: 19
This has been a popular seasonal beer with our customers.
If you like our content, please share the love.
ITEMS FROM THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY BE FOUND BELOW OR IN THE SHOPPING AREA OF OUR WEBSITE.
* Quantity Pricing Available. Follow link for details.