by Bob Peak
5 gallon All Grain Beer Recipe
10 lbs. English Pale Malt (Maris Otter)
2 oz. Chocolate Malt 500L
8 oz. Caramel Malt 60L
6 oz. Light Munich Malt 6.5L
2 oz. Dextrin powder
4.4 grams Calcium Carbonate
4.4 grams Beer Yeast Nutrient
2.2 grams Calcium Chloride
1/2 oz. Nugget pellet hops (Boil for 60 minutes)
1/2 oz. Northern Brewer pellet hops (30 minutes)
1 oz. Dried Bitter Orange Peel (10 minutes)
2 Cinnamon Sticks (5 minutes)
Wyeast #1028 London Worthington Ale Yeast
6 oz. Corn Sugar for Priming
- Mash grains in 3.75 gallons of water (~1.1 quarts water: 1 pound grain) at 152 degrees F. for 60 minutes. Slowly drain liquid into boiling kettle and sparge grains with 170 degree F water until volume in kettle totals around 6.5 gallons.
- Boil for 60 minutes, adding water treatments, yeast nutrient, hops and spices as directed.
- After full 60 minute boil, chill wort to ~70 degrees F. Transfer to primary fermenting vessel, aerate and pitch yeast.
- Ferment for 7-10 days in primary around 60-72 degrees F. Transfer by siphon to a secondary fermenting vessel and allow to clarify for 1-2 weeks.
- When ready to bottle, boil priming sugar in a cup of water for 1 minutes. Cool and add to bottling vessel. Transfer beer by siphon to bottling vessel. After filling and capping bottles, allow them to sit somewhere warm for 1-2 weeks. Then move to a cool spot for storage or to the refrigerator for drinking!
OG: 70 IBU: 42 SRM: 19
This has been a popular seasonal beer with our customers.