About Scheduling a Private Instruction
This is Lesson 10 of our homebrewing lesson plan. Our private instruction lesson plans are instruction only. They do not include beverage/food production on site or any beverage/food handling.
Advanced Sensory Training for Beer Assessment (MUST BE 21 YRS+)
Approximate lesson time: 40-60 minutes
This Lesson 10 Plan Includes:
- ID check for tasting
- Review of the most important and more difficult parts of a BJCP scoresheet in preparation for the tasting
- The importance of understanding beer styles and vital beer statistics
- The Tasting: tasting is performed to identify at least 10 of the most important & common beer flavors/flaws
- Carbonic acid
- DMS (dimethyl sulfide)
- Light struck
- Discussion about each of the compounds presented in the tasting
- NOTE FOR STUDUENT - Please do not wear any fragrances to the tasting.