About Scheduling a Private Instruction
This is Lesson 8 of our home winemaking lesson plan. Our private instruction lesson plans are instruction only. They do not include beverage/food production on site or any beverage/food handling.
This Lesson 8 Plan Includes:
- How does malolactic fermentation work, and it's history
- Optional: sensory wine tasting with malic and lactic acid
- When should you perform MLF, and when should you not?
- How to stimulate ML bacteria
- Selecting a malolactic bacteria strain
- How to inhibit ML bacteria
- About diacetyl and how to manage it
- Best practices of MLF fermentation
- How to determine if MLF fermentation has completed