This two gallon Stoneware Keg with plastic spigot from Ohio Stoneware of Zanesville, Ohio is made to be attractive and functional.
We have brought this into stock as a multi-purpose vessel for both fermentation and beverage serving. For kombucha and water kefir hobbyists, it will be a handy way to maintain a "continuous fermentation".
This 2 gallon crock set comes complete with spigot and cover.
- 2 Gallon Ohio Stoneware Keg
- Stoneware Cover
- Plastic Spigot - installed
Ohio Stoneware crocks are safe and easy to clean due to lead-free glaze. They are also oven, microwave, and dishwasher safe.
ABOUT OHIO STONEWARE
Ohio Stoneware is a pottery manufacturing company located in Zanesville, Ohio. They operate in an area that was once considered the Pottery Capital of the World. They make a wide assortment of crocks, fermentation weights, dishes, jugs, bakeware, growlers, mugs and other items such as piggy banks and holiday décor. They are proud of their production process and share it with their customers.
HOW THE STONEWARE IS MADE
- The process begins with processed clay. Ohio Stoneware uses their own recipe of clay mixture to get just the right consistency. Once the clay has been mixed with water, it goes through the pug mill and is formed into snake like slugs. They cut the slugs according to the size of piece that they are making. Each piece is made on a forming press in a metal mold. Depending on the size of item they can make up to 1200 pieces of one item in a day!
- Once coming off of the press, it is hand finished and moved to the dryer. After it has dried, they hand spray each piece with glaze. All of their glazes are made on site and are made of a unique recipe.
- After the piece is glazed, it’s ready to be fired. They fire at approximately 2200 degrees Fahrenheit. The firing process takes about twelve hours from the time of lighting the kiln to the time they open the kiln. Once the kiln has been opened and the pieces have cooled, the finished pieces are stamped on the bottom with their name, inventoried and stocked.