About Scheduling a Private Instruction
This is Lesson 2 of our home winemaking lesson plan. Our private instruction lesson plans are instruction only. They do not include beverage/food production on site or any beverage/food handling.
Preparing for Harvest - Harvest Math and Assessment of Grape Ripeness
Approximate lesson time: 40-60 minutes
This Lesson 2 Plan Includes:
- Discuss Q&A from prior reading
- Assessing Grapes for Technical Ripeness
- Assessing Grapes for Tannin Development
- Sampling Techniques and Tools in the Vineyard
- Determining volumes and vessels for harvest - crop estimation, tote capacity needed, fermenter capacity needed, wine storage capacity needed, grape press capacity and estimating volumes of presses wine.