Farmhouse Culture - MA4001 - 2.5 DCU Write a review
Members also receive a 10% back dividend. On this item, the dividend is $0.31. Click for details.
2.5 DCU size - Manufactured by Danisco in France. Farmhouse Culture MA4001, used for many cheese types. This cheese starter culture is composed of Lactococcus Lactis, Lactococcus Cremosis, Lactococcus Lactis susp. Diacetylactis, and Streptococcus Thermophilus. Acidification rate is moderate, diacetyl production is low to moderate, with some gas production. Recommended for use with chevre, fromage blanc, camembert, most soft cheeses. Temperature range spans mesophillic and thermophillic ranges.
Cheese Starter Culture Guide:
Lactic Acid Producers
- LC: Lactococcus Cremoris - 77-86 °F (25-30 °C)
- LL: Lactococcus Lactis - 77-86 °F (25-30 °C)
- LB: Lactococcus Delbrueckii ssp. Bulgaricus - 95-105 °F (35-41 °C)
CO2 and Diacetyl Producers
- LD: Lactococcus Lactis ssp. Diacetylactis - 77-86 °F (25-30 °C)
- LM: Lactococcus Mesenteroids - 77-86 °F (25-30 °C)
- ST*: Streptococcus Thermophilus - 95-105 °F (35-41 °C)
*Also produces Lactic Acid
How to Use
2.5 DCU size - Use for 25-50L of milk (6.5 - 13 gallons).
Shipping Details Qualifies for Free Shipping!
To trigger FREE SHIPPING in your cart, ensure you have met the $79 minimum and have omitted any items that are subject to shipping charges.