Malolactic Bacteria Culture - Enoferm Beta - 2.5 g Freeze Dried - Treats up to 66 Gals
Members receive 15% OFF all items, everyday, for the entire year of their membership period.Click for details.
Malolactic Bacteria Culture Enoferm Beta, 2.5 gr. Freeze Dried. BETA was selected for its excellent activity under difficult wine conditions. It differs from ALPHA by being more fruit forward with varietal character. It is best used to support the tannin structure and red berry fruit, and also to enhance floral aromas by increasing levels of B-damascenone. Potential for production of buttery flavour compounds is low. Maximum alcohol tolerance is 14.5%, total SO2 additions should be below 50 ppm, pH should be no lower than 3.2. Under difficult stress conditions, Acti-ML nutrient (QR38) should be used.
- Alcohol Tolerance: 14.5% ABV
- SO2 Tolerance: 50 ppm Total
- pH Tolerance: Down to pH 3.2
- Diacetyl production: low
- Max. Inoculation Volume: 66 Gal.
- Ideal operating temperature: 57-77 F
How to Use
- A nutrient specifically formulated for malolactic bacteria, Acti-ML, is available here. It contains nutrients needed by the bacteria as well as cellulose to help keep the organisms buoyant during fermentation.
- This article discusses the why and how of performing MLF on your wine including MLF strain selection, best practices for success, encouraging or discouraging buttery diacetyl production, and the greatest mystery of them all---determining whether the MLF fermentation has completed:
Click to unravel the mysteries of malolactic fermentation.
Pickup Locations Available for This Item Shipping Details
Qualifies for Free or $10 Flat Shipping! To trigger FREE SHIPPING in your cart, ensure you have met the $79 minimum and have omitted any ineligible items that are subject actual shipping charges. To trigger $10 FLAT RATE SHIPPING, simply ensure you have omitted any ineligible items.
How to Return Goods for Refund
All our supplies are guaranteed for one year. Request for refunds occurring more than 30 days after the date of purchase on non-defective goods may be granted as a store credit if the goods are returned in their original condition. Yeast is perishable and should be refrigerated on arrival. No refunds are allowed on sales of living organisms such as yeast and bacteria.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ON RETURNING GOODS.
2 reviews Read all reviews
Featured positive reviews:
RobiSonoma Vineyards Owner
By Michael Robison
This loyal customer of 40 years easily ordered ml culture, BP confirmed the order with scheduled pick up time. Culture was waiting for pick up in ice box. On time and efficient. Appreciated!
An aside, the ability to browse the isles does limit impulse shopping ðŸ›’