Grav South Packinghouse Porter All Grain Beer Kit Write a review
The Grav South Packinghouse Porter is an excellent robust porter, bursting with toffee, cocoa, coffee, and vanilla flavors. Grav South's owner and brewer, Greg Rasmussen, has been a customer and friend of The Beverage People since his early home brewing days. We were thrilled to work with Greg to bring you one of our favorite Grav South beers in the form of one of our easy to brew kits!
This kit contains all the ingredients you'll need to make five gallons of beer. You will be following a two stage fermentation system using a plastic bucket as a primary fermentor to contain the beer until heavy foaming ceases. The beer is then siphoned into a secondary fermentor, a five gallon carboy where the beer stays until fermentation is complete.
Be sure you have all the equipment below before getting started. We carry everything you'll need to get brewing.
How to Use
- 5-Gallon wort production system of your choice.
- Plastic bucket (primary fermentor) of at least 6 gallon capacity and a lid.
- A 5 gallon bottle (secondary fermentor).
- Fermentation lock and stopper.
- Siphon assembly and bottle filler.
- 55 twelve oz. Beer bottles, or an equivalent amount of larger cappable bottles.
- Bristle bottle brush, Cleaner, such as TDC, and Sanitizer, such as BTF Iodophor Sanitizer.
- 5 lbs. Light and 5 lbs. Dark Base Malt
- 10 oz. White Wheat Malt
- 10 oz. English Chocolate Malt
- 6 oz. Pale Chocolate Malt
- 3 oz. Black Patent Malt
- Brewing Salts
- PicoZinc™ Beer Yeast Nutrient for 5 Gallons
- .75 oz. Magnum Hops (38.4 IBU) (60 Minutes)
- .50 oz. East Kent Goldings (5.2 IBU) (20 Minutes)
- .50 oz. East Kent Goldings (0.0 IBU) (0 Minutes)
- 5 oz. Corn Sugar for priming
- 1 Pack Safale S05 American Ale Yeast
Shipping Details Qualifies for Free Shipping!
To trigger FREE SHIPPING in your cart, ensure you have met the $59 minimum and have omitted any items that are subject to shipping charges.