DISCONTINUED - Wine Thief - Glass - 18 in. - D Ring Handle
Members receive 15% OFF all items, everyday, for the entire year of their membership period.Click for details.
The Straight Glass Wine, or Beer, Thief has a 3/4" OD for use with barrels, tanks, demijohns, and all sizes of carboy. Having a straight shape makes the thief more cost effective but prevents sampling from barrels in racks. Glass is scratch resistant and easy to sanitize, which greatly helps to prevent the spread of undesirable microbes through your winery or brewery. D-Ring handle provides a positive grip even when wet. Avoid use with must or wine prior to pressing in order to avoid skins and seeds getting stuck inside the thief. See the sampling technique instructions below to learn how to get a representative sample of your beverage.
- Material: Glass
- Dimensions: 3/4 in. OD x 18 in. long
How to Use
Proper Sampling Technique:
- Clean and sanitize thief
- Place thumb over pressure relief hole
- Remove bung from barrel or carboy
- Insert thief - with thumb still in place - to the depth of the center of the barrel while avoiding any contact with the sides of the bung hole
- Release thumb and allow thief to fill
- Replace thumb on pressure release hole and remove thief - again avoiding contact with the sides of the bung hole
- Replace bung - consider replacing with a clean and sanitized bung
- Touch tip of thief to the side of a cleaned and sanitized test tube or sample glass and release thumb
- Allow thief to drain against side of glass for minimal aeration of sample
- Clean and sanitize thief - allow to air dry for next use
Pickup Locations Available for This Item Shipping Details
Qualifies for Free or $10 Flat Shipping! To trigger FREE SHIPPING in your cart, ensure you have met the $79 minimum and have omitted any ineligible items that are subject actual shipping charges. To trigger $10 FLAT RATE SHIPPING, simply ensure you have omitted any ineligible items.
How to Return Goods for Refund
All our supplies are guaranteed for one year. Request for refunds occurring more than 30 days after the date of purchase on non-defective goods may be granted as a store credit if the goods are returned in their original condition. Yeast is perishable and should be refrigerated on arrival. No refunds are allowed on sales of living organisms such as yeast and bacteria.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ON RETURNING GOODS.